CLIENT: James Taylor construction ltd
LOCATION: 13-19 Derby Road, Nottingham City Centre
CLASSIFICATION: Former RBS bank conversion to modern office space
SCOPE OF WORKS:
- Clean and restore the external building façade including brick, stone gutters and windows
- Carry out structural repairs such as repointing of brickwork and reconstituting of stone work
- Fitting of bird defense systems including wires and netting
- Restoration of UV damaged ‘chalky’ powder coated aluminum window frames
- Repairs to parapet walling on the roof via rigging methods
- Full builders and sparkle clean
- The building is situated next to a busy round about
- High footfall area in the center of Nottingham
OUR SOLUTION: Brooklands provided a bespoke solution to restoring the former bank in the center of Nottingham, part of the works included arranging for road lane closures, so access machines could be setup used throughout the night time for cleaning the building façades along with bringing in our team of rope access technicians to access difficult areas of the building façade and roof areas which required remedial works
DELIVERY: Works were carried out throughout the day and night time in accordance with the opening times of nearby shops and restaurants to avoid any negative impact on business and to also keep members of the public safe by working out of hours throughout some of the external works which took place.
Pedestrians were diverted to nearby crossings as the footpath and lane had been closed off for durations throughout the night time.
DURATION: November to December 2018